Criteria for Admission:
The application window for the 2019-2020 school year has closed. The School Selection period will resume on September 20, 2019 for the 2020-2021 school year.
All applicants must meet the criteria for admission, regardless of whether the candidate attends public or non-public school, prior to submitting an application. Students meeting the academic requirements will be invited to audition. Audition invitations will be distributed to School District of Philadelphia students through their sending school’s principal. Non-District applicants will be notified through the email address they provided when completing the application.
The application criteria below is the same for both middle and high school applicants:
- Academic Requirements: 80% on PSSA or other Standardized testing submitted
- Report Card Grades – A’s and B’s
- Exemplary attendance record
- No negative behavior record
- Vocal – ALL applicants are required to audition for vocal music, as all of our students participate in our choir. Students should prepare any song of their choice. If a student is taking private voice lessons, it is recommended that the student bring copies of sheet music and an accompanist will be provided.
- Instrumental – Students who have played an instrument for more than one year are encouraged to audition with their instrument. Students auditioning instrumental are required to bring a prepared piece to perform, and must provide their own instrument. Those auditioning on piano, drum set, or upright bass may use GAMP’s instruments.