Applications to GAMP take place through the Office of Student Placement.
Please visit this page for information about the application process: https://www.philasd.org/studentplacement/services/school-selection/
All applicants to GAMP must meet the criteria below for admission, regardless of whether the candidate attends public or non-public school. These criteria are the same for both middle and high school applicants:
- Report Card Grades – As and Bs, with the exception of one C
- Exemplary attendance record – 90% or greater
- PSSA scores (or other standardized test scores) – 50th percentile for ELA and math
- Completion of an audition (see below for guidelines)
Audition invitations are not sent out until after the application window for school selection closes. Specific information about audition invitations will be forthcoming – please check back soon!
- Vocal – ALL applicants are required to perform a vocal audition, since all of our students are required to participate in our choirs, which is a major component of our music program. Applicants should prepare 32 measures of a piece of music (typically a verse and chorus of a popular song – any genre is acceptable). You may bring sheet music for an accompanist to play, or you may sing a cappella. Applicants may also be asked to sing short, simple vocal exercises in order to further assess their abilities.
- Instrumental – Students who have played an instrument for more than one year are encouraged to audition. Students auditioning for instrumental are required to prepare any piece of their choosing to perform for their audition. Applicants will be asked to play scales and demonstrate sight reading skills as well. Those auditioning on piano, harp, drum set, or upright bass may use GAMP’s instruments. All other instruments must be brought to the audition by the applicant.