The School Selection period for the 2021-2022 school year closed on November 6, 2020.
Please visit this page for information about the application process: https://www.philasd.org/studentplacement/services/school-selection/
All applicants to GAMP must meet the criteria below for admission, regardless of whether the candidate attends public or non-public school. These criteria are the same for both middle and high school applicants:
- Academic Requirements: 80% on PSSA or other Standardized testing
- Report Card Grades – A’s and B’s
- Exemplary attendance record
- No negative behavior records
If a student meets the admission requirements above, they will be invited to audition. Audition invitations will be sent to School District of Philadelphia students through both their sending school’s principal and counselor. Please check with either your current school’s principal and/or counselor if you have not received an invitation.
Non-District applicants (from charter and private schools) will be notified through the email address they provided when completing the application.
- Vocal – ALL applicants are required to perform a vocal audition, as all of our students participate in our choir. Students should prepare 32 measures of a piece of music (typically a verse and chorus of a popular song – any genre is acceptable). You may bring sheet music for an accompanist to play, or you may sing a cappella.
- Instrumental – Students who have played an instrument for more than one year are encouraged to audition. Students auditioning instrumental are required to prepare any piece to perform of their choosing. You will be asked to play scales and demonstrate sight reading skills as well. Those auditioning on piano, harp, drum set, or upright bass may use GAMP’s instruments. All other instruments must be brought to the audition by the student.
Contact our counselor, Mrs. Lauren Essery, through email, email@example.com