The School Selection window for the 2022-2023 school year will open in September 2021.
Please visit this page for information about the application process: https://www.philasd.org/studentplacement/services/school-selection/
All applicants to GAMP must meet the criteria below for admission, regardless of whether the candidate attends public or non-public school. These criteria are the same for both middle and high school applicants:
- Academic Requirements: 80% on PSSA or other Standardized testing [not being used for 2022-23 admissions]
- Report Card Grades – A’s and B’s
- Exemplary attendance record
- No negative behavior records
If an applicant meets the admission requirements above, they will be invited to audition. Audition invitations will be sent to School District of Philadelphia students through both their sending school’s principal and counselor. Please check with either your current school’s principal and/or counselor if you have not received an invitation.
Non-District applicants (from charter and private schools) will be notified through the email address they provided when completing the application.
- Vocal – ALL applicants are required to perform a vocal audition, since all of our students are required to participate in our choirs, which is a major component of our music program. Applicants should prepare 32 measures of a piece of music (typically a verse and chorus of a popular song – any genre is acceptable). You may bring sheet music for an accompanist to play, or you may sing a cappella. Applicants may also be asked to sing short, simple vocal exercises in order to further assess their abilities.
- Instrumental – Students who have played an instrument for more than one year are encouraged to audition. Students auditioning for instrumental are required to prepare any piece of their choosing to perform for their audition. Applicants will be asked to play scales and demonstrate sight reading skills as well. Those auditioning on piano, harp, drum set, or upright bass may use GAMP’s instruments. All other instruments must be brought to the audition by the applicant.