It is extremely important for all students to be on time for school and for all class periods throughout the day. Whereas the administrative team realizes that anyone may be late or absent for a valid reason on a particular day, chronic abuse could result in disciplinary action. This policy is as follows:
- Students are required to present valid absence excuse notes upon their return to school after any absence. Notes must be submitted within 3 days of the absence.
- Students absent more than 3 consecutive days must present an excuse note from a medical doctor.
- Please be advised that a note from a medical doctor is required for any students absent for more than 9 days during the school year.
- Students arriving after 10:00 AM or leaving before 1:04 PM will be marked absent for a half day.
- All students must have swiped into the building by 8:00 AM, and present in their first period class by 8:03 AM.
Requests for early dismissals should be submitted to the main office one day prior to the day being requested for early dismissal. The following procedure must be followed for excused early dismissals to be granted:
- Any student requesting an early dismissal must be picked up by a parent/guardian or their designee as indicated on the emergency contact card. Photo ID must be presented at time of pick-up.
- Some examples of valid reasons for early dismissals are participation in religious observances, attendance at a funeral service, or a family crisis or emergency.
Standard medical and dental appointments should be scheduled outside school hours. it is imperative that this procedure be strictly adhered to in order to respect the integrity of instructional time.